Electronic Commerce signifies exchanging of goods and services all through the internet. An e-commerce site can be as simple as a catalog page having a phone number. It could be an online store where you add products to an electronic shopping cart, pay with a credit card and have the product shipped to your door. It can also be a website where you purchase a digital product, like software, ebooks, audio or video files. Then you pay with a credit card and can immediately download the product you purchased.
- When you build an ecommerce site there are many things you will need to consider:
- Should you build a custom shopping cart?
- Should you purchase an existing shopping cart and use that?
- Should you find an open source shopping cart and modify it to incorporate your brand?
- What method of payments do you want to accept?
- Where will you get a merchant account?
- What Payment Gateway Service Provider will you use?
- How do you integrate you’re payment gateway with your website?
- What methods of shipping will you offer?
- How will you charge for shipping, flat fee, by item, actual cost, actual cost plus a handling fee?
- How will you add products to your shopping cart?
- How will you add images of your products?
- Will you accept coupons?
- Will you run specials?
- Where will you host your ecommerce store?
If you are looking to create or add an ecommerce site to your business you need to think about all the questions above and create a plan.
We are experts when it comes to building and running ecommerce stores. Give us a call today and we’ll help you get your new store up and running.